Live Q&A Webinar to Discuss Risks and Opportunities of Generative AI
September 18, 2023—Generative artificial intelligence (AI) has existed for decades. But recent leaps in progress, fueled by the public release of high-capability large language models (LLMs), have roused great interest across many disciplines. The pace of change and volume of hype around generative AI obscures what it can actually do. On September 26, a group of AI and technology experts from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) will hold a live Q&A webinar to discuss the capabilities, risks, and opportunities of generative AI.
The panel of SEI researchers spans the disciplines of AI, cybersecurity, and software engineering:
- Doug Schmidt, SEI visiting scientist and associate provost for research, development, and technologies at Vanderbilt University
- Rachel Dzombak, special advisor to the director of the SEI AI Division
- Jasmine Ratchford, senior machine learning research scientist
- Matthew Walsh, senior data scientist
- Shing-hon Lau, senior AI security engineer
- John Robert, deputy director of the SEI Software Solutions Division
Register for the free webinar “Ask Us Anything: Generative AI Edition,” which will take place from 1:30-3 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 26. See the event page for information on how to submit questions ahead of the webinar.