SEI Service-Based Architecture Professional Certificate
Design Successful Service-Based Systems
Software architecture determines how you communicate design decisions, structure work breakdowns, and create software product lines. This certificate program equips software professionals with state-of-the-art practices for designing, documenting, evaluating, and implementing service-oriented architectures (SOAs). This sequence provides software architecture and SOA concepts and practices that a professional needs to successfully architect service-based systems.
This and other SEI certificate programs in software architecture are based on decades of experience with software-intensive systems and supported by four widely acclaimed practitioner books in the SEI Addison-Wesley Series.
Benefits of the SEI Service-Based Architecture Professional Certificate
The courses required for this certificate supply the concepts and practices for software architecture and service-based architecture that a professional needs to successfully architect service-oriented systems, including
- introduction to software architecture fundamentals
- explanation of service-oriented service-based principles, practices, and architectural tradeoffs
- description of the main types of design elements and technologies that can be used in SOA solutions employed in service-based solutions, including microservices and approaches for integrating SOA services with legacy systems
- implementation guidance for making informed design decisions, including seven guidelines for SOA designs, and more than 60 design diagrams that convey SOA strategies
- hands-on design lab, in which attendees evaluate service-based architectural designs
All courses in the sequence are "platform agnostic," so they apply to service-oriented systems in general without favoring any specific implementation platform, tool, or product.
Upon completing the certificate, participants may choose to be listed on the SEI website as an SEI Certificate Holder.
Summary of Fees
See each course or exam page for fee information. There is no additional fee for the certificate.
Organizations considering this training for a group of learners can take advantage of eLearning group discounts or schedule a private, instructor-led, onsite training delivery. Email email@example.com or telephone +1 412-268-1817 for details.
How to Earn the Certificate
Complete the following sequence of courses from the SEI's Service-Based Architecture curriculum within two years of completing the first course.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.