SEI to Sponsor Small Business Networking Event
• Press Release
Pittsburgh, Pa., May 5, 2022—The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at Carnegie Mellon University will host the third annual C3: Creating Opportunities, Connecting Resources, Contracting Diversity for Small Business, a free event that aims to connect small businesses in the region with university buyers, government resources, and large contractors. The event will take place Tuesday, May 17, from 12:30 to 4:00 p.m., in the Cohon University Center Rangos Auditorium on the CMU campus in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh.
This event offers small businesses the opportunity to network directly with university procurement teams, federal agencies, and government contractors. Large businesses interested in increasing their small business portfolio towards meeting small business and diversity goals also can get a boost at this small business networking event. Small business owners will be able to attend breakout training sessions such as COSTARS (the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s cooperative purchasing program), how to get DBE certified with Allegheny County, and doing business with the university.
The event is presented in partnership with the
- Government Agency Coordination Office (GACO) Procurement Technical Assistance Center based at California University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh Small Business Development Center, part of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Johnstown Area Regional Industries (JARI) Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Allegheny County M/W/DBE Department
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC)
Registration is available online or at the door. For more information or to register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/c3-22-creating-opportunities-connecting-resources-contracting-diversity-tickets-300037589507.