SEI Offers Free Tutorials for Government, Military Personnel
• Press Release
Pittsburgh, Pa., March 7, 2018—The Software Engineering Institute 2018 Software and Cyber Solutions Symposium on March 27 in Arlington, Va., will explore the challenges and realities in acquiring and developing software for the nation’s critical systems, with a specific focus on identifying effective practices in Agile and DevOps. Now the symposium’s half-day tutorials on March 26 and 28 are being offered free to registrants with .gov or .mil email addresses.
These tutorials, led by SEI experts, are eligible for continuing education unit (CEU) credits and allow attendees to explore important topics in greater depth than is possible in the one-day symposium.
“As a DoD federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), the SEI operates at the cutting edge of research and practice,” says Dr. Jennifer Ricklin, director of the SEI Software Solutions Division. “We are pleased to be able to offer our government attendees access to the best ideas of SEI experts on a range of important topics, at no cost to their organizations.”
Available tutorials are
- DevOps Process and Implementation for Managers and Executives
- Using Dashboards to Communicate Project Status
- Agile Metrics at Scale
- Emerging Computational Techniques: What Can Blockchain and Causal Learning Do For You?
- Agile in Government: Concepts for Senior Leaders
- Leading Architecture Practices for Achieving Agile at Scale
- How Should We Address Cybersecurity Risk in an Agile or DevOps Environment?
- How to Achieve High Availability and Reliability Using Agile Practices
For more information about SCSS 2018 and to register, please see www.sei.cmu.edu/scss.
About the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University. The SEI works with organizations to make measurable improvements in their software engineering and cybersecurity capabilities by providing technical leadership to advance the practice of software engineering and security. For more information, visit the SEI website at http://www.sei.cmu.edu.